Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life goes on

Sadly my neighbour of 17 years died on the 18th of January after a short illness. She was one of the most kind and gentle people you could ever hope to meet. She could see the good in everyone even those who couldn't see it in themselves. She made the most wicked potato and leek soup you could ever eat and her recipe, one of many has been passed onto me so each time I make P&L soup I will remember my neighbour.

Her lovely daughter scattered her ashes yesterday and just as she did there was a massive rainbow in the sky, no rain, no sun just an overcast sky with my neighbour smiling down.

But this gets me thinking about life and things. We are so wrapped up in material goods like posh cars, fine foods, expensive holidays, all probably paid for on the never never that one day, in fact now there will be a depression not a recession. My family and I will be ok as we have nowt of value, no posh cars, no rich foods and certainly no holidays. So for us life will go on as normal until we come to the end and become another rainbow in the sky. For many others angst and depression, loss of houses and lifestyles will cost the NHS a lot more than anything else.

Hopefully this blog, and my main site http://www.bselfsufficient.co.uk/(when it's sorted) will become a bigger source of info for others to get through the crisis that is upon us and also looms in the next decade with the loss of oil / fossil fuels etc.

No comments: