Monday, February 9, 2009

Feed the hungry 2 for a month on £75

Well, my month of reducing plastic in the shopping went well in January and continues to this day but with the deppression, (sorry worldwide resecion that had nothing to do with Gordon brown,) we are now in I thought it might be worthwhile doing another month long experiment. For the month of March I will attempt to feed my wife and I plus the occasional visit from our son from uni on £75 in total.

I've done it before on £120 but it was a skimp to do it and that was before the resent price rises in food etc.

I'll be utilising a full stock cupboard of which i'll list the contents here when I decide what will be in it.

3 comments:

rae-ann said...

This is a brilliant challenge. I'm currently doing my own 'no unnecessary spending' challenge. It means making a note of everything I spend, which has been an eye opener! I'm still spending much more than I might like to and now I can see where it goes every month.

Good luck with your challenge; I don't think I could do it, but I buy a lot of organic food - do you?

I buy for me and my seven year old (she eats like a man LOL!) I'll let you know how much I've spent on us both at the end of the month. A sack of potatoes is a good start - mine were £6.50 for 25kgs of desires :)

Rick and Pat said...

Great idea... obviously over here I dont spend half that, but ideas to think about are, pulses, generally cheap, very nutritious and tasty.
we eat bean hot pot, bean stew, bean lasagne, bean anything! And if you buy them dried not in tins or jars a small amount goes along way when soaked.
Ive posted a couple of cheapy soup recipes on our blog that masy help too.
Good luck...

Jon in France said...

Definately agree about the beans. A financial life-saver!