Monday, July 20, 2009

like a bus...

Just like a number 6 bus, never one when you need one then two come together.....

After the recent bad weather we have had I spent some of today looking over the veg patch mrs T has created and oh what a sorry sight. Garlic is well covered in rust now so that has been dug up and the onions have all but been blown out of the ground so many of them have had to be lifted. Mind you that was no effort really as they were blown out of the soil over the weekend. So I have over 200 garlic plants and about 70 red onions to sort out now...

On another board I frequent people will still believe the state will look after them.... fools.

It's all stemmed from the swine flu pandemic that we have here in the UK. I'm on the paranoid side full of conspiricy theories and doom and gloom and there are others who think that when everything hits the fan the NHS, fire, police etc will have a "moral and ethical duty" to go to work to ensure we all are kept safe.... hmmm...

All I can say is I have my food and water stockpiled to last about 4 weeks at the moment with more to come.....

1 comment:

Rick and Pat said...

Hi Alan, good to see you back updating this, Ive missed it. I know how hard it is to keep up, I dont update ours sometimes for weeks either...
When we were in the uk , we had our Dobermann insured, and our vet always filled in the forms at the time of treatment and claimed direct themselves, I didnt have to do the wait for payment thing... Seems a real b##tard to me...
Although Im not over there with all the poo that may hit the fan, I too always have as much food etc stashed away as possible, plus now a small stash of gennie fuel too. We do it for diffrent reasons though, this way I can feed us for up to three months or longer at a pinch if our money stops (last winter more or less five months without an income) again this winter .