Wednesday, May 12, 2010

living a subsistance life.

I watched a programme last week about a vicar who is living without money, initially for 3 months but it seems as if it is ongoing. I was incredibly impressed with this guy and the BBC for doing it mainly because it is following a religeous theme from 800 years ago and the bbc generally don't get into "controversial things" these days but also prove the idea is not new.

Last nights programme was where he tried to walk 240 miles from his home to an environmental guru in Devon. He had to resort to thumbing a lift and  also had ot beg for food, which apparently is now illegal! He got there in time and i did wonder if it was by chance or good fortune but I am enjoying these programmes.

To quantify that a bit, I couldn't hope to live without money for one day or even one hour as we have a mortgage and we are only 60% self sufficient in veg.... and my wife would give me a kicking if I sugessted it, lol.
I must say my wife is going to be nominated as a saint when she dies ( hopefully not for a long time) because she is already saintly in her patience of me and the ideas I get up to but I feel another "experiment " coming on!!

No comments: