Thursday, January 23, 2014

First of all sorry for being MIA for the last few days. The bad back has deemed itself fit to remind me who or what is boss and took a turn for the worse. At least I had a bit of sleep last night.

During my bouts of near madness with the pain it got me thinking to try and focus on something other than pain and that was what would disabled people do to "Prepare". This series of thoughts were not coherent but it lingered their lobe enough to think that it would be so much harder for a disabled person to prep than an abled bodied person. Obviously it depends on the disability but take me for instance. I have chronic back problem among other things so lifting, walking, bending etc is very hard and at times impossible.
Take for instance food storage. The consensus is that you store 25 or 50 kg of wheat in 1 or 2 buckets with Mylar bags and Oxy tabs etc but who can really lift 25 KG? I know I can't for sure but maybe that was why I inadvertently packet up smaller packets of around 800 g without thinking.Maybe it's ok to have a garden but who can cultivate it for you if you can't due to illness or disability ? Maybe it's the art of saving water in drinks bottles rather than 20 ltr Jerry cans.


Just a short one today and I hope you all get to read it soon.
Take care,

Alan

No comments: