Wednesday, December 10, 2008

EV ........ That's an electric vehicle to you and me....

I get myself into all sorts of trouble by thinking, at least that's what my wife will say,lol !!!

I was in the car, a gas guzzling 14 mpg round town Omega 2.6 v6 monster the other day sat at a traffic lights / roadworks que and the petrol computer was ticking down rather fast and I got thinking.... what will we do without petrol?
I know I'm become more green and in a sustainable way rather than my last attempt years ago but I've always had petrol engined cars. I don't think I've owned any really economical petrol engines in my whole life. i once had a mini that was balanced, lightened and blueprinted and would do 7 miles to the gallon when the carb, a Reece Fische was set to economy but boy would it go. Talk about shit off a shovel this little monster was ( allegedly) the fastest car in Hartlepool and could easily destroy a 5.3 ltr mustang.... allegedly.

I've had a Capri with a modded engine, a triumph that ran on methanol and petrol but would need the valves replaced every 2000 miles, a Cortina with a 356CI Chevy engine in it so you can see I've never really given much of a thought to fuel economy but as I approach 50 and become more intuitive to my surroundings I realise that if we are to keep using petrol then we will be paying a lot of money for it. To that end I've decided not to restore my 1968 mkii jaguar so if anyone wants it i only want £600 for it and it's all stripped down ready for a bit of welding. give me an email if you are interested.

I don't go out of town much and if i do there is buses to do that. Also if I follow pools away there will always be a seat on a coach or a space in the back of a van for that so I'm sat in this Que thinking why am I driving a 14mpg car, all be it a nice, comfortable, fast, spacious car with full leather, air con, electric package... ( petrol head mode ) when I can get to build a fast economical EV that will get me round town, do the shopping, take the dog to the beach and also be a poser in a different type of car.

Anyway when the jag goes I will have an empty garage so i am going to build an EV starting next year. If anyone reading this has an Ev or any interesting web pages on Ev's then can you let me into the secret please by emailing me.

I don't know how much it will cost, what components are used or anything but I do know the panels will be fibreglass and painted in cherry red metal flake. I might also pay homage to slipknot and Metallica in the painting but there again blue and white has always been a popular set of colours... would you believe it, Hartlepool United FC play in blue and white.....

....... 2B cont.........

No comments: