Tuesday, December 2, 2008

winter has arrived.... again

By goodness it was cold last night. We took the dog round the block about 7 pm and it was icy cold, cutting wind that must have taken the wind chill down a few pegs that's for sure. Safely back at home we kept warm all night but when we woke this morning there was a deep layer of snow on the floor. I say deep, it was all of 2 inches but in these climatic changing times that was deep compared with the last 15 years or so.

I took my wife to work today in the car, i know a softy at heart but that's me... anyway trying to get the car off the drive and up the bank was a trifle difficult as it normally is in bad weather and driving in the snow made me think of the future and how my disability would be affected in bad weather.
Still it got me thinking... as I do and as I'm well on the way to a wheelchair now and I'm one of these cantankerous types who if told to do something chooses to do something different. Like for instance i was "advised" to start looking at using one of these granny scooters to get round town on. I mean, A granny scooter.... I'd much rather have a quad bike to tear up the shopping centre in rather than a GS....

So having a bit of time to day dream I got to thinking about building one of these disability scooters only doing one that could be environmentally friendly and give me some fun racing cars. So I set about looking at getting a cheap granny scooter and replacing the motor etc with a golf buggy motor as these can't half shift and if they can take on the hills and ditches of a golf course then they could take on the potholes in my town. I'd also be able to get into the shopping centres / malls and have some wheelie good fun there.

Anyway, plans went into dreams and eventually over the days to come whilst looking on the net for golf buggy motors I came across this site www.neurotikart.com Whoa what fun.....

All I need now is to sort out some solar panels and I'm good to go..... a 60 mph ecological granny scooter........

No comments: