Sunday, December 28, 2008

Why do we bother?

Why do we bother to be "green " or "Self sufficient" ? I was watching the recent panorama programme about open cast coal mining and the idea that the government has welched on their original plans to deny open cast pits planning permission. Also they have gone from a stance of no nuclear power to selling the nuke plants to a foreign country in order to build more nuke plants. Coming from hartlepool we have a vested interest in this debate as we have a nuke plant which is the sister plant of heysham and torness nuke plants.

Why do we bother trying to do our bit to reduce, reuse, recycle when we have a government who goes back on thier principles because the industries can lobby louder than the rest of us?

I continue because it's a way of life now for me and one I'm enjoying. I make no grand claims of saving the world now as I only scratch the surface of the green movement now by growing my own fruit and, reduce my reliance on the "big 6" power companies, and look at alternative uses for everything I own ready for when it's "regular"life runs out.

Why do you continue to do the good thing and be greener etc?

No comments: