Sunday, December 21, 2008

Well that's Christmas over with.....

Well that's Christmas over with.....

Well the preparation is over with more or less. For the first time I'm all prepped for Christmas. I don't know what it is but it's certainly a change from about 10 years ago. then I would refuse to do anything until Christmas eve. Buying presents, writing cards, buying food and drink etc all was to be done on Christmas eve. It wasn't that I hated Christmas, far from it I LOVED IT ! I loved the fight in the shops, the arguing, fighting over the last bottle of perfume for the wife, the last power ranger toy for the bairn, the last bag of spuds for the dinner... I loved it... or was it the stress of all the fighting, the arguing and then the sheer satisfaction that I got the last of whatever it was I wanted over the other poor soul that was after the same present? Looking back it was probably the latter I loved and not Christmas per say.

Now I'm a more cultured person, a more relaxed person and a happier one if I must admit to it. Still this year I'm well prepared although still got a couple of things to make and if my wife is reading this then all will be revealed on Christmas Day, ha ha, ha. ( I've banned her from certain parts of the house where I have bits stashed.)

1 comment:

rae-ann said...

I want to know what you made for your wife!! I bet she loved your creations :)

Glad to hear you prefer a quieter life now ;)